1. Steinbach nutcrackers are a lovely decorative touch year-round, but displaying them in more prominent places during the holidays will help spread holiday cheer.
2. Buy raw nuts and try roasting them yourself on the stove or in the fireplace. The fresh, appetizing smell of roasting nuts is a tell-tale sign of the holiday season.
3. A bowl of nuts in their shells can be more than just a wholesome snack or appetizer. Place a mixture of nuts in a fine glass dish or festive holiday bowl and let them be a part of your holiday decorating!
4. When decorating for the holidays, don't get overwhelmed trying to accomplish all of your decorating at once. By gradually decorating your Christmas tree, and adding Christmas wreaths to your home, you'll build anticipation as the holiday approaches.
5. Don't limit your holiday decorating to that which can be seen. Light scented holiday candles or holiday incense, bake with aromatic spices, or mull wine over a candle flame or on the stove. These familiar scents can trigger fond memories that are sure to spread holiday cheer.